Are you tired of applying mascara every day or using fake lashes that are time-consuming to put on and take off? If so, you might want to give lash tint and lift a try. Whether you’re looking to eliminate the daily mascara routine, achieve a more wide-eyed look, or simply flaunt effortlessly striking lashes, the lash tint and lift duo may hold the key to unlocking your eye’s full potential.
Join us to discover how lash tint and lift can redefine your eye beauty game.
What is Lash Tint and Lift?
Lash tint is a semi-permanent dye applied to your eyelashes to make them appear darker and fuller. Unlike mascara, which only coats your lashes with color, lash tint penetrates the hair shaft, providing long-lasting results that can last up to six weeks. The process involves placing a protective pad over your lower lashes, followed by applying the dye to your upper lashes. After letting it sit for a few minutes, the dye is removed, revealing darker, more defined lashes.
Lash lift, on the other hand, is a treatment that curls and lifts your lashes from the root to create a more dramatic look. The process involves gluing a silicone shield onto your eyelids and carefully lifting your lashes onto it using a special adhesive. Once your lashes are secured onto the shield, a perming lotion is applied, followed by a neutralizing solution to set the curl. The result is lifted, fuller-looking lashes.
Benefits of a lash lift and tint
Fuller, longer lashes without the need for extensions or mascara: A lash lift and tint will curl and darken your natural lashes, making them appear fuller and longer. This can give your eyes a more open and awake look, without the need for additional lash products.
A more natural-looking appearance than lash extensions: Lash extensions can give you a dramatic look, but they can also look artificial. A lash lift and tint, on the other hand, will enhance your natural lashes without making them look fake.
Low-maintenance and easy to care for: Once you have a lash lift and tint, you can resume your normal routine. You can shower, swim, and exercise without having to worry about your lashes.
Lasts for 6-8 weeks: A lash lift and tint will last for the full growth cycle of your lashes, which is typically 6-8 weeks. This means that you can enjoy fuller, longer lashes for several weeks without having to go back to the salon.
lash lift and tint process
A lash lift and tint is a semi-permanent procedure that curls and darkens your natural lashes. It is a great way to achieve the look of fuller, longer lashes without the need for extensions or mascara.
The procedure typically takes about an hour to complete and is done in the following steps:
- Your lash technician will clean your lashes and eyelids.
- They will then place a silicone pad over your upper eyelid and apply a bonding agent to your lashes. This will help to keep your lashes in place while the lifting and tinting solutions are applied.
- Next, your technician will apply a lifting solution to your lashes. This solution breaks down the bonds in the lashes, allowing them to be curled into a new shape.
- Once the lifting solution has been applied for the desired amount of time, your technician will apply a setting solution to set the new curl of your lashes.
- Finally, your technician will remove the silicone pad and apply a lash tint to darken your lashes and make them more noticeable.
After your lash lift and tint, you will need to avoid getting your lashes wet for 24 hours. This will allow the lifting and tinting solutions to fully set. After 24 hours, you can resume your normal routine.
What Is Lash Lift and Tint Aftercare?
Maintain Dry Lashes: Refrain from exposing your lashes to water for the first 24 hours following the procedure. This ensures the complete setting of the lifting and tinting solutions.
Handle with Care: Exercise caution when handling your lashes. Avoid unnecessary rubbing or pulling, as this can lead to lash damage and premature loss.
Gentle Cleansing: When cleansing your facial area near the eyes, opt for a mild cleanser. Steer clear of harsh cleansers or makeup removers, as these can cause irritation to your eyes and lashes.
Daily Lash Care: Incorporate daily brushing of your lashes using a spoolie brush. This practice helps maintain the lash curl and prevents them from tangling.
Oil-Free Products: Be mindful of avoiding oil-based products on your lashes, as oil has the potential to break down the lifting and tinting solutions, leading to premature lash fallout.
Sleep Position: Try to avoid sleeping on your face to prevent flattening and potential breakage of your lashes.
Irritation or allergic reaction to the lifting or tinting solutions: The lifting and tinting solutions used in a lash lift and tint are chemicals, and there is a small risk that you may experience an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction can include redness, itching, swelling, and burning.
Over-processed lashes, which can make them brittle and prone to breakage: If the lifting or tinting solutions are left on for too long, your lashes can become over-processed and brittle. This can make them more likely to break.
If the lifting or tinting solutions get into your eyes, they can damage the cornea. This can cause pain, redness, and vision problems.
- Can I wear mascara after a lash lift and tint treatment? Yes, you can wear mascara after a lash tint or lift treatment, but make sure to use a gentle, non-oil-based formula.
- Is a lash lift and tint suitable for everyone? While lash tint and lift are generally safe for most people, individuals with sensitive eyes or who are allergic to certain ingredients may not be suitable candidates.
- How long does a lash lift and tint treatment take? A lash tint treatment usually takes around 30 minutes, while a lash lift treatment can take up to two hours.
- Are there any side effects of lash lift and tint treatments? Some people may experience mild irritation or redness after a lash tint or lift treatment, but this is usually temporary and subsides within a few hours.
- How often can I get lash lift and tint treatments? It’s recommended to wait at least six weeks between lash tint treatments and eight weeks between lash lift treatments to avoid damaging your lashes.
Lash tint and lift treatments are an excellent option for women who want to enhance their natural lashes without the need for extensions or false lashes. While both treatments have their pros and cons, they are generally safe and can provide long-lasting results with proper care and maintenance.
If you’re considering lash tint and lift, make sure to do your research and consult with a trained professional to ensure that the treatment is right for you. With the right approach, you can achieve the beautiful, natural-looking lashes you’ve always wanted.