Are you tired of curling your lashes every morning only to have them lose their shape a few hours later? Lash lifts might be the solution for you. But how long do lash lifts last?
This guide discusses everything you need to know about lash lifts, from the procedure itself to the longevity of the results.
What is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is a cosmetic treatment that lifts and curls your natural eyelashes, giving them a more defined appearance. The procedure involves applying a special solution to your lashes that reshapes them from the base upwards, creating a lifting effect. The result is longer-looking, lifted lashes that can last up to several weeks.
How Long Do Lash Lifts Last?
The longevity of lash lifts varies from person to person based on several factors. Lash lifts typically last for 4 to 6 weeks, depending on your individual lash cycle and how well you take care of your lashes. With proper care, you may be able to extend the life of your lash lift to 7 or 8 weeks. However, it’s not uncommon for some people’s lash lifts to last up to twelve weeks or more.
Factors That Affect the Longevity of Lash Lifts
Your natural lash cycle: Everyone’s natural lash cycle is different. Some people have lashes that grow faster than others. If you have fast-growing lashes, your lash lift may not last as long as someone with slower-growing lashes.
Your daily routine: How often you shower, sweat, and wash your face can also affect the lifespan of your lash lift. If you have a very active lifestyle or live in a humid climate, your lash lift may not last as long as someone with a less active lifestyle or who lives in a drier climate.
The products you use: Some hair care products, such as shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner, can contain ingredients that can break down the lifting solution and cause your lashes to fall prematurely. Be sure to choose products that are specifically designed for lash extensions.
The experience of the technician: A more experienced technician will be able to give you a lash lift that lasts longer.
The type of lash lift used: There are different types of lash lifts available, each with its own lifespan. For example, a keratin lash lift will typically last longer than a silicone lash lift.
types of lash lifts and their lifespans
- Keratin lash lift: A keratin lash lift is a type of lash lift that uses a keratin-infused solution to curl and lift the lashes. Keratin lash lifts typically last for 6-8 weeks.
- Silicone lash lift: A silicone lash lift is a type of lash lift that uses silicone rods to curl and lift the lashes. Silicone lash lifts typically last for 4-6 weeks.
- Lash perm: A lash perm is a type of lash lift that uses a chemical solution to curl and lift the lashes. Lash perms typically last for 4-6 weeks.
how much do lash lifts cost?
The cost of a lash lift can vary widely depending on your location, the salon or spa you choose, and the expertise of the technician performing the procedure. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 for a lash lift. This price typically includes the initial lift and can include additional services such as lash tinting for enhanced results. Keep in mind that prices can be higher in larger metropolitan areas and at upscale salons. Additionally, some places offer package deals or discounts for repeat appointments.
If you are on a budget, there are a few things you can do to save money on a lash lift:
- Shop around: Compare prices from different salons before booking your appointment.
- Look for deals: Many salons offer discounts on lash lifts for new clients or for booking multiple services at the same time.
- Consider a home lash lift kit: Home lash lift kits are available for purchase online and at some beauty retailers. These kits can be a more affordable option than getting a lash lift at a salon.
However, home lash lift kits can be difficult to use and may not produce the same results as a professional lash lift. If you are considering using a home lash lift kit, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and do a patch test on a small area of skin before using the kit on your full lashes.
Lash Lift vs. other lash treatments
To help you compare the longevity of lash lifts with other lash treatments, here are some key differences:
Lash extensions typically last for four to six weeks, depending on the natural growth cycle of your lashes. Unlike lash lifts, which enhance your natural lashes, extensions add synthetic lashes to your existing ones. They require more maintenance and can be more expensive than lash lifts.
Lash tinting is a treatment that uses semi-permanent dye to darken your natural lashes. The results last for four to six weeks, and the treatment is less expensive than lash lifts. However, it doesn’t provide the lifting effect that lash lifts do.
Tips for extending the life of your lash lift
- Choose a reputable technician who has experience with lash lifts.
- Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes.
- Refrain from getting your lashes wet or touching them for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Brush your lashes daily to prevent them from tangling or twisting.
- Use an eyelash serum to promote growth and strengthen your lashes.
- Can I wear makeup after getting a lash lift? Yes, you can wear makeup after getting a lash lift, but it’s recommended to wait at least 24 hours before doing so.
- Can I swim or shower after getting a lash lift? It’s best to avoid exposing your lashes to water for at least 24 hours after getting a lash lift. This includes swimming, showering, or any activity that might cause your lashes to get wet.
- Is it safe to get a lash lift? When done by a trained professional, lash lifts are generally safe. However, there is always a risk of an allergic reaction or an eye infection if the procedure is not performed correctly.
- Can I curl my lashes after getting a lash lift? It’s recommended to avoid using an eyelash curler for at least 24 hours after getting a lash lift. After that, you can use a curler, but it’s not necessary since the lifting effect from the treatment should last several weeks.
- How often can I get a lash lift? It’s recommended to wait at least six to eight weeks before getting another lash lift. Getting the treatment too frequently can damage your natural lashes and cause them to become brittle and weak.
- What should I do if my lashes fall out soon after getting a lash lift? If your lashes start falling out shortly after getting a lash lift, contact your technician immediately. They can assess the situation and determine whether any corrective measures need to be taken.
Lash lifts are an excellent alternative to traditional eyelash curlers and extensions. While the longevity of the results varies from person to person, proper aftercare and choosing a reputable technician can help ensure that your lash lift lasts as long as possible. With these tips and tricks in mind, you’ll be able to enjoy lifted, defined lashes for weeks on end.