Sun-kissed goddesses and golden gods, listen up! You’ve booked your spray tan appointment and you’re ready to level up your bronze game. But wait – what on earth should you wear? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back (and your front). Choosing the right outfit for your spray tan session is like picking the perfect bikini for a beach day – it’s all about the tan lines! So, grab your sunglasses and let’s dive into the ultimate guide on what to wear to a spray tan session. Get ready to step into that booth like a bronzed superstar!
Before Your Spray Tan
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes: It’s important to wear loose-fitting clothing before your spray tan appointment. Tight clothes can rub against your skin and cause uneven tan lines or streaking. Opt for loose dresses, skirts, or comfortable pants.
- Choose dark-colored clothing: Since the spray tan solution may transfer onto your clothes, it’s best to wear dark-colored garments to avoid visible stains. Dark colors also help mask any potential smudging or color transfers.
- Skip the accessories: Remove any jewelry, watches, or tight accessories that may leave marks on your skin while the tan is developing. These items can create unwanted patterns or unevenness.
During Your Spray Tan
- Wear minimal clothing: For most spray tan sessions, you’ll be asked to undress to your comfort level. Most people choose to wear disposable undergarments or opt for going nude. The fewer clothes you wear during the application, the more even your tan will be.
- Consider disposable options: If you prefer not to go fully nude, disposable undergarments are an excellent choice. Disposable bras, panties, and thongs are available at most tanning salons and provide coverage while minimizing the risk of staining your own undergarments.
- Use protective gear: To protect your hands and feet from getting too much tanning solution, consider using barrier creams or lotions. These products act as a shield and prevent excessive tanning in these areas, ensuring a more natural-looking result.
After Your Spray Tan
- Opt for loose clothing: Similarly to before your spray tan, loose-fitting clothes are essential after the session. Tight clothing can rub against your skin and potentially remove or smudge the tan. Comfortable maxi dresses, loose pants, or flowy skirts are ideal choices.
- Avoid fabrics that cling: Steer clear of clingy fabrics such as spandex or nylon, as they can cause the tan to rub off onto the fabric. Opt for breathable materials like cotton or linen that allow the tan to fully develop without any interference.
- Be mindful of straps and waistbands: When selecting your post-spray tan outfit, avoid garments with tight straps or waistbands that may leave marks on your skin. These marks can disrupt the evenness of your tan and take away from the desired look.
Choosing the appropriate attire for your spray tan session plays a crucial role in achieving an even and flawless tan. Remember to wear loose, dark-colored clothing before and after your appointment, and consider disposable undergarments or going nude during the application process. Protecting your hands and feet with barrier creams is also important. By following these guidelines, you’ll be able to maintain a stunning spray tan that lasts longer and looks incredibly natural.