Having a triangular shaped face means you have a broader forehead and narrower jawline, creating a distinctive and alluring facial structure. When choosing a hairstyle, it’s essential to opt for cuts that complement your unique features and balance the proportions of your face. In this article, we will explore a range of hairstyles specifically suited for triangular shaped faces, helping you discover the perfect look and embrace your individuality.
What Are the Best Hairstyles for Triangular Shaped Faces?
The best hairstyles for triangular shaped faces are those that draw attention away from the jawline and towards the eyes and cheekbones. Here are some examples:
Long layers are textured cuts that add movement and volume to the hair. They work well for women with thin or fine hair as they create an illusion of thickness. Long layers that start at the chin level or below can balance out the wide jawline of triangular shaped faces.
Bob haircuts are versatile and timeless. They can be customized in various lengths, textures, and angles to flatter different face shapes. For triangular shaped faces, a chin-length bob with side-swept bangs can create a more rounded and proportional appearance.
Pixie Cut with Volume
Pixie cuts are bold and modern haircuts that are perfect for women who want to showcase their facial features. A pixie cut with long bangs can soften the jawline and draw attention to the eyes and cheekbones.
Side-swept bangs help to cover a larger forehead, while also adding softness and framing the face beautifully.
Long, Wispy Bangs
Long, wispy bangs that graze the eyebrows can help balance out a wider forehead and draw attention to the eyes.
Soft Waves or Curls
Soft waves or curls add width to the lower part of the face, balancing out the broader forehead and narrowing jawline.
Shoulder-length hairstyles with layers can be very flattering for triangular faces, as they create a balanced and harmonious look.
Half-up hairstyles that add volume to the crown of the head can also help balance out a broader forehead.
A deep side part can create the illusion of a narrower forehead and draw attention away from the wider jawline.
Updos with Soft Tendrils
Updos that leave soft tendrils around the face can soften the overall appearance and add balance to a triangular face shape.
Remember, the key is to create balance and draw attention to the center of the face. Avoid hairstyles that add too much volume around the forehead or emphasize the width of the jawline.
How to Choose the Right Triangular Shaped Face Hairstyle?
Choosing the right hairstyle for your face shape can be overwhelming. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a triangular shaped face hairstyle:
Your face shape is the primary factor to consider when choosing a hairstyle. Make sure to identify your face shape correctly before picking a haircut or style.
Your hair’s texture, thickness, and density can affect how it looks with certain haircuts and styles. Consult with your hairstylist to determine which hairstyles work best for your hair type.
Consider your lifestyle and daily routine when deciding on a hairstyle. If you’re always on-the-go, choose a low-maintenance style that requires minimal styling and upkeep.
Ultimately, your personal preferences should guide your hairstyle choice. Pick a style that makes you feel confident and comfortable, regardless of what’s trending or fashionable.
Step by Step Guide to Achieving Triangular Shaped Face Hairstyles
If you’ve decided to try a triangular shaped face hairstyle, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to achieve it:
- Identify Your Face Shape: Before picking a hairstyle, determine if you have a triangular shaped face. Look at your features and compare them to the characteristics listed earlier in this article.
- Consult with a Hairstylist: Once you know your face shape, consult with a hair stylist who specializes in cutting hair for triangular shaped faces. They can recommend the best styles and treatments for your hair type and texture.
- Choose Your Hairstyle: Based on your face shape, hair type, and lifestyle, select a hairstyle that suits you. Consider factors such as length, angle, layers, and fringe.
- Maintenance and Styling: Depending on your chosen hairstyle, you may need to style and maintain it regularly to keep its shape and volume. Follow your hairstylist’s instructions for washing, drying, and styling your hair.
- Rock Your New Look: Finally, embrace your new hairstyle and enjoy the confidence boost it brings. Take care of your hair by using quality products, protecting it from heat damage, and scheduling regular trims.
Maintaining your triangular shaped face hairstyle can keep it looking fresh and polished. Here are some tips:
- Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to add body to your hair.
- Avoid using heavy styling products that weigh down your hair and make it look flat.
- Schedule regular trims to maintain the shape of your haircut and prevent split ends.
- Protect your hair from heat damage by using a heat protectant spray before using hot tools.
- Experiment with different styling techniques, such as curling or straightening, to find what works best for your hair type.
Embracing your triangular shaped face and choosing the right hairstyle can significantly enhance your overall appearance. By opting for cuts that balance your facial proportions, such as textured layers, side-swept bangs, and chin-length bobs, you can emphasize your best features and create a stunning, harmonious look. Remember, individuality is beautiful, and by embracing your unique facial structure and selecting the right hairstyles, you can radiate confidence and elegance in every aspect of your life. So, don’t be afraid to experiment and find the perfect hairstyle that celebrates your triangular shaped face!
- Can triangular shaped faces wear bangs? Yes, triangular shaped faces can wear bangs, but they should be soft and side-swept to balance out the sharpness of the jawline.
- What hair color suits triangular shaped faces? Hair color depends on personal preference and skin tone. But, highlights and lowlights can add dimension to the hair and soften the jawline.
- Can triangular shaped faces have short hair? Yes, triangular shaped faces can have short haircuts such as pixie cuts, bobs, and cropped styles that add volume to the top half of the hair.
- Are layered haircuts suitable for triangular shaped faces? Yes, layered haircuts can add volume and movement to the hair while balancing out the wide jawline of triangular shaped faces. However, the layers should be longer and focused on the bottom half of the hair.
- How often should I trim my triangular shaped face hairstyle? To maintain the shape and volume of your hairstyle, it’s recommended to trim your hair every six to eight weeks.