Beads have become a popular accessory for braided hairstyles. They add an extra pop of color and style to any look. But putting beads on braids can be tricky if you don’t know how to do it properly. In this article, we’ll go over the step-by-step process of how to put beads on braids.
Materials You’ll Need
Before we get started, let’s gather the materials you’ll need:
- Beads (you can choose any size or color you like)
- Hair elastics
- Hair thread
- Needle (should be able to fit through the hole in the bead)
Step 1: Prepare Your Braids
Make sure your braids are clean and free of tangles. If your hair is not already braided, braid it before continuing with the rest of the steps.
Step 2: Thread the Needle
Take the needle and thread it with the hair thread. Tie a knot at the end of the thread to secure it.
Step 3: Start Adding the Beads
Take a bead and slide it onto the needle and thread. Push it all the way down to where the thread meets the needle. Place the bead onto the base of one of your braids, holding it in place with your fingers.
Step 4: Secure the Bead
Wrap the thread around the braid, just above the bead. Tie a knot tightly to secure the bead in place. Repeat this process until you have added as many beads as you desire.
Step 5: Finishing Up
Once you have added all of your beads, tie a knot at the end of the thread to secure it. Cut off any excess thread with the scissors.
Tips for Success
- Make sure your braids are tight and secure before adding the beads.
- Choose beads that have a hole large enough to fit your needle and thread through.
- Use different colored beads to add more depth and dimension to your hairstyle.
- Don’t overload your braids with too many beads, as it can weigh down your hair.
Now you know how to put beads on braids! This simple accessory can elevate any hairstyle. With a little practice, you’ll be able to create beautiful beaded braids in no time. Remember to choose beads that complement your style and have fun with it!