If you’re someone who loves to enhance their lashes with extensions, then taking care of them is crucial. Cleaning your eyelash extensions is an important step in maintaining their longevity and keeping them looking their best.
In this article, we share a guide on how to clean eyelash extensions. What’s more? There are some tips to make them look fabulous. Keep scrolling!
should i wash my lash extensions everyday?
Yes, you should wash your lash extensions every day.
Cleaning your eyelash extensions should be done regularly to maintain their cleanliness and prevent any bacterial buildup that could lead to infections. You should clean your eyelash extensions every day, or twice a day if you wear eye makeup or have oily skin. This will help to keep your lash extensions clean and looking their best, and it will also help to prevent infections, but this can vary depending on your level of activity and how much makeup you wear.
Additionally, if you swim or sweat excessively, it’s important to clean your lashes more frequently to avoid any irritation or damage to the extensions.
how to clean eyelash extensions at home
- Oil-free lash cleanser or foam
- A clean, soft, lint-free brush or mascara wand
- A clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel
- A bowl of warm water
Step 1: Prepare Your Workspace & Remove Eye Makeup
- Ensure you have all your materials ready. Set up a clean and well-lit workspace where you can comfortably clean your eyelash extensions.
- Before cleaning your eyelash extensions, remove any eye makeup using a gentle, oil-free makeup remover. Avoid oil-based makeup removers as they can break down the lash adhesive.
Step 2: Dampen the Brush or Wand
Dip your clean, lint-free brush or mascara wand into the warm water. Gently shake off any excess water to prevent it from dripping onto your face.
Step 3: Clean the Lashes
- Apply a small amount of oil-free lash cleanser or foam onto the damp brush or wand. Be sure not to over-saturate it; a little goes a long way.
- With your eyes closed, gently sweep the brush or wand along your lash line and the extensions. Use light, downward strokes to clean the lashes thoroughly. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing aggressively, as this can damage the extensions or cause them to fall out prematurely.
Step 4: Rinse
Dip the brush or wand into the warm water again and use it to rinse off the lash cleanser and any debris it has loosened. Keep your eyes closed during this process to prevent the water from getting into your eyes.
Step 5: Pat Dry
Gently pat your lashes and the eye area with a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel to remove excess water. Avoid rubbing or pulling on the lashes.
Step 6: Brush and Fan
Once your lashes are dry, use the clean brush or mascara wand to gently separate and fan out the lashes. This helps them maintain their shape and prevents them from clumping together
tips for caring for your eyelash extensions
- Wash your lash extensions daily. This is to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup that may have accumulated on them overnight. Use a gentle cleanser that is specifically designed for lash extensions. Avoid using harsh cleansers or oil-based cleansers, as these can damage your lash extensions.
- Avoid using waterproof mascara on your lash extensions. Waterproof mascara can be difficult to remove and can damage your lash extensions. If you do choose to wear mascara, use a water-soluble mascara and be sure to remove it thoroughly before bed.
- Avoid using oil-based makeup remover on your lash extensions. Oil-based makeup remover can dissolve the glue that holds your lash extensions in place. If you need to use makeup remover, choose an oil-free makeup remover.
- Don’t rub your lash extensions. Rubbing your lash extensions can cause them to fall out prematurely. Be gentle when washing your face and removing your makeup.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach or side. Sleeping on your stomach or side can put pressure on your lash extensions and cause them to fall out. If you can, try to sleep on your back.
- Get your lash extensions filled in regularly. Eyelash extensions typically last for 2-3 weeks, but they will need to be filled in regularly to maintain their fullness.
- Can I use regular makeup remover to clean my eyelash extensions? No, it is not recommended to use makeup removers that contain oil as this can cause damage to the extensions. Instead, use an oil-free makeup remover or a cleanser specifically designed for eyelash extensions.
- How often should I clean my eyelash extensions? It is recommended to clean your eyelash extensions every two to three days, but this can vary depending on your level of activity and how much makeup you wear.
- Can I get my eyelash extensions wet after cleaning them? Yes, you can get your eyelash extensions wet after cleaning them, but avoid rubbing your eyes or using harsh soaps or shampoos.
- Can I wear mascara with eyelash extensions? It is not recommended to wear mascara with eyelash extensions as the product can cause damage and premature shedding of the extensions. If you must wear mascara, use a water-based formula and apply it only to the tips of your lashes.
- How do I know if my eyelash extensions need to be cleaned? If your eyelash extensions appear dull, clumped, or tangled, it may be time to clean them. Additionally, if you experience any irritation or discomfort around your eyes, it’s important to clean your lashes to prevent infection.
Cleaning your eyelash extensions is an essential step in maintaining their health and longevity. By following the steps outlined in this article and using the right products, you can ensure that your lashes stay looking fabulous for weeks to come. Remember to be gentle when cleaning your lashes and to avoid over-cleaning or using harsh products. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to perfect lashes!